Saturday, May 12, 2012

Yoshi Birthday Party

So this party was from LAST August. But since I didn't start this blog until recently, I am posting it now. Maxim (my middle son) fell in love with Yoshi from the Super Mario Brothers. Maybe its because he loves dinosaurs in general, but for some reason, last summer was ALL about Yoshi.

So for his third birthday we had a Yoshi/Mario Brothers themed party. This party was SUCH a DIYers dream! Almost all of the decorations were hand made. And they turned out so fantastic!

First off, food labels. Gotta have them! These were simple. Found the clip art from Mario Brothers online and used photoshop to just make simple labels. Then I used pinking scissors to cut them out and glued them onto coordinating cardstock. 

For these food labels I made up funny names that went with the theme. It was a family party and I knew that no one is allergic to anything so it wasn't necessary to put descriptions and actual names of the food on the labels.


Ok, so this might look a little off, but I promise its just food coloring! What Yoshi party would be complete without Yoshi Egg Potato Salad?


Here is the main table. Some apects from Nintendo that I wanted to have were the yellow question mark boxes, the green pipes, a fire flower and a Gumba (little brown thing on top of pipe)


This Cake was the base of the entire party. Maxim saw one online months before and was adamant about having the "Yoshi Race Car Cake". Lucky for me, my mother has a friend who is extremely talented in the art of cake decorating AND she owed her a favor. Works for me! Isn't it amazing!




This was MY personal favorite decoration from the party. Totally DIY! And made with things you never would expect. Tutorial {here}.

And then to make it even better, I stuffed it with Mario Brothers Fruitsnacks and Cinnamon Candy in the top!


Another DIY project. Bought the chair for $5 at Hobby Lobby. I used iron on transfer paper, printed the Yoshi and name on my printer and ironed it on! Special seat for the birthday boy!


We had a photo op made out of matt board and painted to look like a Nintendo game. I made foam mustaches and hats for them to use!






Me and a couple of my closest girlfriends just HAD to get in on a photo too!

1 comment:

  1. Experience the thrill of outdoor laser tag skirmish in a new and exciting way.
    It’s an ideal activity for kids and teenagers birthday parties!
    Our Crew will arrive at least 15 minutes before your party starts to establish
    the playing area and set up the equipment.


    games birthday party kids

    ReplyDelete