Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fire Flower Centerpiece | DIY

Supplies

Old Small Rubber Basketball
Scissors
Glossy Red Spray Paint
White Felt
Fuzzy Fluffy Fabric
Hot Glue Gun
2 ft skinny PVC pipe
Two opening bigger PVC pipe
Glossy Green Spray Paint
Rocks


 I found this ball at a thrift store for 25 cents. Using scissors, I cut 1/4 of it out.

 Spray paint it red.

For the white spots cut out white felt circles and hot glue them on randomly.
For the fuzzy white mouth, cut about a 2 inch wide strip the length of the mouth. I used some quilt batting because I had it here and it worked. I did two layers to make it extra fluffy. It all depends on what fluffy fabric you have.


  To make the green pipes, simply spray paint them green. 
To attache to the "flower head" I just cut an X in the bottom center and pushed the smaller pipe through. Because the ball is rubber and thick, I didn't even need to re-enforce it with glue or anything. Just make sure to not make too big of an X. Better to start smaller and have to make it bigger than to start big right away.


1 comment:

  1. What did u use for the fire ball its suppost to spit out?

    ReplyDelete