Friday, May 11, 2012

Ken Doll Oscar Statue | DIY

Supplies

Plastic "Ken" doll
Gold Spray Paint
Black Spray Paint (arousal can) CAP
Two Small Screws
Screwdriver

This was my favorite part of the Hollywood Themed Decorations. Maybe because it was so funny, but it definitely helped the look of the table and was a great eye catching center!

I have three sons. So as you can guess, I didn't exactly have a "Ken" doll laying around. So I thought I would check out the store to see if they had a cheap one (I was thinking like $5-$7 cheap). Well, they did. However, the ones that they make now, have hair. Like actual hair, not plastic. So that won't work.

So my next option was Goodwill. And lucky for me, this guy was laying in a bin along with a bunch of naked girl Barbies (lucky guy). All mine for a whopping $1.99.

The rest is easy. 

Spray paint him, front and back with your gold spray paint. Make sure to move his arms so that you don't have "hand marks". 

I then drilled two little holes into the cap of the black spray paint. I also drilled the same holes into the bottom Ken's feet. Then just take your tiny screws and secure him in! Wala! That's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment