Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hollywood Themed Dessert Table

So this past week at my son's school, it was Teacher Appreciation Week. Every year, during this week, the parents and students do all kinds of special things for the Teachers and Staff that work so hard at providing such a wonderful learning environment for our children. This year's theme was the Hollywood Academy Awards!

Since my oldest is just in Kindergarten, I haven't been involved in too many of the larger events at school . . . yet! So I had never been a part of the Teacher Luncheon that they put on.
But when the sign up sheet went out via e-mail, and I saw that there were three desserts that needed to be made, I signed up for all three. Figured since I haven't done all that much I will do all of them.

So I was already excited about that, but then decided to take it a step further . . . and what better way to "do up" desserts than to have a whole dessert buffet table. Themed of course!

When I got the "ok" to run with this, I started looking online for ideas. Cuz, lets face it . . . everyone does it! Believe it or not, there weren't a ton of ideas out there for Hollywood themed dessert tables. But I did find a few individual ideas on Pinterest {here and here} and I knew that I wanted to stick with a color scheme of red, gold, black and silver. Glamour!

So here is what I came up with using a lot of what I already had and a lot of what I made!










Pretty awesome, huh!

Now to explain the DIY parts of this dessert table . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment